Ananda Yoga brings yoga back to its original spiritual essence.
Above all, it seeks to raise your level of consciousness by reinforcing the natural effects the yoga postures. With this, it is also designed to harmonize your body, mind, and soul.
Ananda Yoga includes:
- Asana (yoga postures)
- Pranayama (breathing and energy-control techniques)
- Yogic meditation techniques
- Applied yoga philosophy
Yoga posture practice in Ananda Yoga® is gentle for beginning students, becoming more challenging with experience. It is an inwardly directed practice, and is never aggressive or aerobic.
The primary emphases are:
- Safety and correct alignment
- Being relaxed at all times, even during the midst of effort
- Working directly with the body’s subtle energy via the yoga postures
- Using the postures to raise your consciousness
- Adaptation – modifying each yoga posture to fit the needs and abilities of the practitioner rather than trying to force the practitioner into some “ideal” position
Ananda Chair Yoga for Bone Strength and Flexibility (For all ages and body types)
Our increasing population, especially those with weak bones is looking for ways to maintain health and age gracefully. For many, the aging process involves loss of muscular strength, decreased flexibility, and increased risk for falls.
- Practice yoga safely
- Use yoga practice to optimize bone strength
- To maintain muscle strength and flexibility
In this class, you will practice:
- Gentle and safe Ananda Chair Yoga asanas to help maintain a full and active life
- Chair Asanas to build strength, flexibility, and balance and also for those with osteoporosis, including those who already experience postural and structural changes.